Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ups and Downs

A lot of things having been changing in our life. Things are going ok and slowly improving with our current placement however we were suppose to have them until Dec however things are changing and we have some big decisions to be making in the near future. We have been praying and asking god to help us with the right timing to adopt. Adoption has been on our hearts for a long time and god has been leading us in this direction. However I don't always want what god want for me. I have always wanted to adopt at least one infant just to have the chance to go through all of those stages however I don't know that is gods plans for our first adoption. We have put the current adoption office that we were working with on hold when we got this placement. However I'm not sure of gods plans for us and am praying for guidance as what we are to do. If we are to add these 2 wonderful children to our family and to say no. I don't want to say no because I don't want to fail them like everyone else and I don't know if it is gods plan for them to stay with us or if they are meant for another family.

I sold my car and traded it in for a mini van before we found out about a possible adoption. I'll add a picture here later......

We have had an opportunity to visit with our first placement. He is 3 1/2 months now and getting cuter every time. However it is so hard to give him back every time. He was suppose to be ours forever at first however that was not gods plan and he took him away a short time later. I'm not sure the role god has intended for us in his and his family life but there is a reason for everything that has happened with this little one. We have been able to take him to church with us the last 2 weeks and his family has been asking questions about it which is amazing.

We also were lucky enough to have my family from South Dakota here over the last week. It was fun and went by way to fast..Wish they didn't have to leave....Here's some pictures. I'll post more later...Have to get the kids to bed.


Holly

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
-- Dale Carnegie

1 comment:

  1. Holly- I've read your blog as I ran across it from others from time to time, then recently your blog was recommended to me as your story mirrors that of my family. I definitely echo your sentiments as my husband and I are currently fostering 2 little ones and want what God has for us, whether it's these children or others! I also understand the feelings of wanting to experience parenting an infant and wondering if that will ever happen. Anyway, just thought I'd post and let you know that you are not alone in your journey- there are others of us out there too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete