Thursday, October 20, 2011

Post Surgery Update

I feel so amazing after this surgery. I can't even remember the last time that I felt this good. I can't wait until I hit the six week mark so I can get back to my exercise routine. Due to the massive amount of endometriosis that was found they told me that I needed to go through treatment for it with the RE agreement. So starting possible next week I will start injections for the next 6 months that will put me through menopause to totally stop the function of the one ovary I have left. I will most like have to go through hormone therapy at the same time due to the side effects of the first treatment. The long term goal is first to keep the endometriosis from coming back and for the pain to stay away. The second goal would be to lose weight during that time frame and return to my 60 min a day exercise program to shed off 40lbs total. The extra bonus with this could be one functioning ovary that is healthy enough to produce eggs that are big enough to sustain life.

The doctor showed me pictures from my surgery. The doctor spent one hour trying to save the left ovary but he was unable to remove the cell wall at which point he decided it would be best to totally remove it. The doctor then spent the next hour and half removing the endometriosis that had attached itself to my bladder, intestines and kidneys. I have to say that God had his hand in this situation. Around the whole right ovary there was this big circle area in which there was no endometriosis to be found.

If you have been following my blog you probably remember that months ago I said that we were done with RE treatments. With this surgery that possibility could change. I really think God has his hand in this situation. For the last 2 years I have been asking for my ovary to be removed since this was the 4th surgery being performed with the last two less then a year apart. However everyone keep using my age as a reason to keep it. I have been miserable for the last 4 years with high levels of pain. I just wanted to feel life again without the pain wearing so hard on my body. My pain tolerance is very high. Even the doctor couldn't believe that I felt no amount of pain after this surgery. Sure my muscles get tired from being week but really no pain. Its amazing and I can only thank God for this.

Here is the pictures of our candles that we had lighted from 7 to 8 pm on Oct 15th to remember our little ones we had lost over the last 3 years.

I will post it as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. That is too cool about your right ovary. I am so happy that you are feeling great again. God is good!

    ReplyDelete