Monday, April 23, 2012

So Much

There has been so much going on lately...

Since I'm currently not working I feel horrible that I haven't been blogging. We got a placement so this weekend was filled with fun and happiness. Having a house filled with 4 kids all 3 and under made for a very eventful weekend. It was fabulous and I won't trade it for anything however I think I need a double stroller to make it through next weekend as I can't carry the kids due to my back and the littlest one isn't walking quite yet its a lot of creativity to get somewhere.
I would love to show you pictures because they are the cutest things in the world but I can't :( .

Now that I'm done with my injections the original plan was to start trying again. However due the event that happened in January with my back at this time it is not safe and possibly never will without being in extreme discomfort and being on bed rest the whole time. So now I'm waiting on the doctors to decided what their going to do about my cycles.

I have been praying to God about where we are going from here with the adoption, trying and selling our home. I think God has given me a very clear picture and with his timing in place. I found out about the results of the MRI on my back 2 weeks after my last injection. Right when we were to be deciding if we were going to try treatment again. I knew that God had his hand in the situation. I think it is clear that we are to adopt. We are having a yard sale soon to try to raise money for our adoption. We have had a few donations. Thanks you to those who read this that have donated. We were working on a adoption prior to deciding that we were going to sell our home and should be able to pick back up where we were at.

In 4 months with have only had 5 showings and no offers. The home across the street is up for sale to same size for $20,000 more. We were hoping it would help us. We also found out that the people next to use never sold their home and that they are just renting it out. We also don't have built in a/c so we were hoping to have it sold before it got hot but its already here. It's been 60 or above for the last 2 weeks and almost 80 this weekend. So I think were going to take it off the market soon and just hang out for a few more months and then try again this fall when it cools off.

I have also started coupon shopping the last couple of months to help save money so we can save more for our adoption and pay off all debit besides our home. Since January we have been doing Financial Peace University and graduated a couple of weeks ago. We manged to pay off $30,000 in debt since January. Penny pinching has been well worth it. My husband and I are determined to get all of our debt paid off including our car, student loans and medical debt from surgery and treatments. However I feel stuck since I can't work so I can't help much besides spend my time clipping coupons, searching ads and looking for the best deals and save us money that way.

I have felt called since I first moved here to start a group at our church for people going through infertility and adoptions. I talked to our children's minster about it years ago but nothing really happened. Our church is fairly big and they have no program or support to help adoptive families and I have felt called to do so. Since  I think were going to be staying for awhile I think I'm going to try to figure something out because I think it could be very helpful to meet with others who are going through the same thing just like we come to the blogging community.

Sorry for the randomness. I hope all is going well for everyone. I have been praying for all of you.

1 comment:

  1. We missed you guys last night. Please keep me posted on the support group as it is something I have considered and prayed about myself. I don't think there are any support groups in the valley for infertility. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete