Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The History and Current Situation since I'm starting this in the middle of the Journey

On December 4th, 2008 we found out we lost our first baby girl at 20 weeks due to medical complications. She was due on May 7th, 2009. We miss her so much...she would be a year and a half now. In Sept 2009 we started trying for our second child which started our current journey we have been on for almost a year now.




In October 2009 I had to received 2 weeks of iron transfusion due to blood loss. I needed blood transfusions but they didn't want to do it since I was so sick and weak they wanted to wait and see how the iron transfusions went. After 2 weeks they did labs again and it wasn't much better. My body was not taking to the iron transfusions. So they decided not to do anymore and to try oral meds again. After 2 months they referred me to a second doctor to try to get the iron level up. They started me on hormone pill to try to stop the bleeding. After another 2 months they finally got everything under control and they thought I was finally healthy enough to start trying. After 2 months of nothing happening they started me on my first fertility treatment of clomid. The first dose was 50mg and it didn't work so the second month they upped it to 100mg. Well that didn't go so well and set me back again. I had a reaction to and was no longer able to take it. I was then referred to the clinic in Spokane, WA.



I was keeping my fingers crossed that everything was going to go good and we could actually be able to get prego's again. We went up for our first appointment and they told us they were going to have us try another oral med first and after 3 months if that didn't work then we were going to try injections and then from there was IVF treatments. When they were doing the ultrasound they found that my left ovary was not longer functional due to the course the endometriosis has taken on it but the right side seem to be fine. Then after 2 weeks I got the call that set us back even more. They told me that the insulin level in my blood was really high due to PCOS and they would need to put me on metformin to help lower the level. I also had an infection and would need to take antibiotics for 2 weeks. Come to find out they did that just because they were going to be gone and didn’t make sure the meds won’t cause other problems in my body. After 5 days and down 13 pounds they finally told me I could stop the meds. Ever since then I’ve had nothing but problems. I called the clinic back 4 times to ask them questions about the meds and I wanted to know more about why they wanted me on this med and they would never call me. When I was able to talk with them they told me that it was high and would never give me the numbers.



So I asked my OBGYN for a new referral if he did not agree with what the clinic in Spokane was doing. The nurse called me back and asked me if I wanted to go to Boise or Seattle. After lots of research we decided to go with the clinic in Seattle because they will outsource everything they can so we don't have to make so many trips out that way. We have our first appointment in Seattle with this new doctor, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed again in hopes of good news but I want the truth this time. No games.

Right now I am currently dealing with high blood pressure and low blood sugar. It took 6 weeks to get into my regular doctor to talk with her about why my blood sugar is staying in the 70's and 80's and why my blood pressure is all over the place. I finally had an appointment last week and they put me on a blood pressure med and I was suppose to be hooked up to a glucose monitor for 24 hours a day for 3 days. But the doctors are too busy and can't do it until next week. I have an appointment on Tuesday to see how the blood pressure med is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment