Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Update on ER visit today

So today at work I started feeling like I did 2 Fridays ago when I passed out at work. I ate a cookie and then started feeling funny and sick. I waited a few minutes to see if it went away but it didn't. Things also started spinning and that’s when I started to worry but that’s what happened last time. So I went down the hall at work to find someone to check my blood sugar. I found a CNA to take my blood sugar and it was 53. Lucky for me my favorite and wonderful nurse was working so I went down to see her. I told her what it was and she told me I need to intake sugar. So I wanted back to the OT room and started to drink some sugar but it was getting worse. So I called my doctors nurse and lucky me they actually answered I told her what was going on and that I was very worried because of how low it was and how it was much worse than last time. She told me that my doctor was gone until Friday and she said the only thing she could tell me to do was to drink sugar. I told her that I was already doing that and it wasn’t working. She told me until she called me back that I was not allowed to drive anywhere and was not to be by myself in case it got worse. Thankfully I have good coworkers. They nurse called me back and she said that she talked to the doctor and I was to go to the ER. So I called my husband’s work 4 times and they didn’t answer so I had no idea how to get a hold of them..Thank God he had his phone and he was able to call me back. By the time he got to work I was so shaky and felt so sick I was really scared. When we got to the ER it had gotten up to 128 thanks to the wonderful nurse at work. After labs and test at the ER the doctor sent me home and told me not to eat any sugar and to only eat protein. He wasn’t even worried about it and wouldn’t even try to figure out what was causing it. My blood pressure was everywhere it was from 176 over 80 to 123 over 62 but he didn’t seem to have a problem with that. I tried to ask them more question but just blow me off so I guess I have to wait until next week for hopefully some kind of answer. I’m going to be pushier with my doctor and tell them that I want a heart monitor too because I know something is wrong. Hopefully no more bad news but I’ll update after my appointment with the fertility clinic on Friday…Hopefully there will finally be some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment