Friday, July 27, 2012

Progress :)

Yesterday we got the news that we are okay'd to start our home study and our packet of paperwork was mail off to us today. We were also okay'd to do have foster kids until we receive "the call". As I sit here waiting for the packet to arrive I find my self looking through the new families added to the waiting list. I've looked ever since we signed up to see how many new families are added and how many have gotten matched as their names are removed. There are 13 families on the waiting list. As I go through and read each of their letters to the birth mother I wonder how to start ours. How can I make ours sound different as some of them sound similar. What do I say to the birth mom? I ponder, just like infertility I hate it when people pretend to know what you are going through. I want to make sure I can be thoughtful to her feels and the pain she is going through but at the same time make sure I don't make it look like I know what she is going through. How do I describe myself and our family? What is important to the person will be matched with? What do they really want to know? I have some time to think....Anyone with idea's it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment