Monday, December 6, 2010

Hormone Therapy

So another problem has came along. The hormone therapy I started a few weeks ago isn't working. It worked for about a week and then stopped. My body is fighting it like crazy. I went and did my labs for the RE this morning and that's when the whole day went down hill. I wasn't going to go into work because it was that bad but me being the person I am I went to work. I had to come home a couple of times to change outfits but I got all but 1 person seen today not bad for getting there so late because of all my issues with my labs this morning.
When I first got to the office I had to turn around and come home to change. Then I head back when I got there they needed the ICD-9 code for the labs so we had to wait over an hour for the nurse to call back with the code. Then they took be back to do the labs. First 2 pokes they couldn't get anything so they put hot packs on and made me wait. Third time no luck again this time a different person. Then I felt like I was going to pass out. With not being able to eat and it being close to 10am I knew it was my blood sugar. They sent me out to sit for awhile and then tired again 4th time the charm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the labs come back with a good to go but I'm not getting my hopes up. Its been a bad couple of months.
I talked with my OB about the meds not working and he wants me to finish it out since my iron level looked ok on the last draw. Needless to say I'm not happy with that. This isn't normal and why wait and let it go so I do have to get transfusions again. The only reason it was good was because I didn't have anything for months. He's pushing my luck and I know its already being pushed but I guess its in Gods hands and I just have to remember that. So we will see if it stops in the next week and a half and if it doesn't I have to go back in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment