Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Femara Treatment #1 and More

Update...Sorry it took me so long but I have been sick and very busy. My progesterone level from last week Wednesday was 10.4 which means that I did ovulate (The first time in 2 1/2 years) but we must of missed it. So next month we are going to do everything earlier than normal. So now I'm just waiting. I thought I would be nice and schedule the ultrasound ahead of time so we did Day 3 so if it was the next day it would be ok but I guess since I was trying to be organized it decide not to work. They don't think I'll need meds to get it started since I did ovulate :) So the next treatment is going to be the same. Baseline ultrasound day 2 or 3 and Femara days 3-7. We praying that it works this next time.
For those of you who don't know we have been working on paperwork since Nov to become Foster/Adoptive parents and we are signing our paperwork tomorrow at 3 and then we just wait for the phone call from there. However for all those people out there who say just adopt it is not that easy. We are facing some very hard things. A lot of the agency's will not let you start the process or adopt a child well in the process of receiving fertility treatment. So are you not only faced with the fact that you are struggling will all of the things that go along with infertility you also have to stop treatments for the 2 years it takes to totally finalize most adoptions. Sadly that is not the worst part...Some or Most agencies require that if you become pregnant while in the process of adoption...the process is stopped and the child is removed from your home (what a horrible thing not just for the family but the child).  For those of us who have been waiting so long to have a child and then to sit here and wonder what if I were to finally get pregnant due to God's amazing grace that if I were in the process of adoption that they would take the child away. So we are now facing the idea of weather or not we want to cont the treatments and hope for a miracle or to stop treatments and just wait for a child to be placed with us.
To break all those theory's out there that once you adopt you will end up pregnant. That's not true. If you do end up pregnant it is because of God and his wonderful miracle that you would end up pregnant and that is not why we are perusing adoption. We are headed that way because we feel that is the way that God is leading us and we are just praying that he cont to guide us in the right direction. Thankfully going through the state of Idaho they do not remove the children from our home or stop the adoption process because you end up pregnant. Going through the state has its ups and downs but we believe that god will lead us in the right direction. For more info on our journey through foster care and adoption. Contact me and I will add you to the blog due to it being blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment