Friday, November 2, 2012

22 Days of Thanks and Giving

22 Days of Thanks and Giving

To me Thanksgiving means share things you are thankful for and spending time with your family. However, this year it has taking on more of a meaning. This year I'm breaking the word up. Thanks: Giving thanks for something that is very important in my life. Giving: Blessing someone else in this world that is in need or a nice gesture to someone or to make someones day by them receiving a gift unsuspected.
Over the month of November (up to thanksgiving) I am going to be doing something each day to give thanks for something I am thankful for in my live. I will also be giving to someone. The thing I will give will change form day to day.

Nov 1st:  Today I gave to our local christian radio station during their annual drive to fund their radio station.
Air 1 provides modern, rock and pop christian music to people around the US and overseas (over the Internet). They also have ministers on hand that you can call and talk to if you need to talk to one. They also have a prayer group that will pray for you. They will also call you and check up on you after you submit a prayer request. They provided a powerful ministry in this area and help me out when I'm down. They just somehow know what songs I need to hear at just the right time.

Today I am thankful for my relationship with God. Over the past month my relationship with God has grow as my heart was torn and ripped apart. Everyday I am thankful that I have someone I can talk to and not have to think twice about weather or not I can trust the person I am telling something that I wouldn't just tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment