Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our Growing Family

We have been so blessed with wonderful Foster Kids. Two weeks ago we added 3 members to our family. That made a total of 5 wonderful kids. However, it only lasted for 2 days before the 3 headed to live with family. There was Ms. B who was 6 years old, Ms. M who was 4 years old and Mr. B who was a precious 4 days old.  I really wish they could of stayed however that wasn't Gods plan.
Last week we had many calls for placements however God was just saying no so we had to say no. I felt so bad saying no to kids who need a loving home but the true is I can't help them all and I have to let me heart understand that. After receiving a call or two each day over the last week and a half we finally felt God saying yes. We said yes to a 7 year old girl. However things have been a little crazy with her case and we are still waiting to find out if she will be coming or not.
Two nights ago we got a call at 10:30 pm for a placement of 5 kids. That would put us at 7 or 8 kids. Do to things that we're going on with Little Miss we had to say no. However, today I had that feeling that God was getting ready for us to add another child to our home. On the way to the dentist office with Ms. J I received a call from our worker. She told me we have a 1 year old boy. My heart just melted as this is the age that we desire. Although we know and  as God has shown us that it is not always his desire. I said yes right way  I knew that this was the child that God had been placing on my heart all day. Our Little R (his online name) will be coming to our home tomorrow. Little R has had a long journey in foster care already. I am praying that God provided us with the tools we need to help this little boy out.
I really want to post about each call as they are the best moments until we get to meet the kids and I think it is part of their journey.
We have seen through our month of foster care that God has many kids that he will be letting us care for and  show them his great love. We are realizing that our current house with only 2 bedrooms and our bedroom in the family room is not going to be big enough to hold all of the kids God has for us. Please pray for us as we pray that if God intends for our home to grow that we will find the funds to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment