Sunday, February 17, 2013

We are so blessed

While things at our house have gotten busy again. On Friday we add a new little man to our house. Little man is 18 months. He is a so precious and has already stole my heart. Little man is going to be staying with us for awhile and we could only hope forever however with having other siblings I don't know how likely that would happen. We know that God is capable of anything. So its up to God how longs he ends up staying with us.

Little Man's call: On Thursday I had this feeling all day long that the phone was going to ring and when the phone would ring they would be calling us with a little one. I felt God telling me when you get this call just say yes no matter what they tell you. So Thursday after school I was on my way to take Ms. J to the dentist and while I was signing papers for her fillings my phone started to vibrate. I told the lady I had to take this call. It was our worker. She started saying we have this 1 year old boy if you are interested. I said are you kidding me off course yes. Then she said while there are some things I need to tell you first. I was like okay. Our worker said the boy has tons of behavior episodes everyday and has been tho 5 homes already with some of the families requesting the moves. He is also aggressive with pets and other kids. I thought for a second as she was saying this because I was thinking about our pet. Our dog Louie came from a abusive home and I didn't think he would handle it very well but within 2 seconds of even thinking about it. I felt God telling me again. Remember what I told you. No matter what they say tell them yes. So I did as I felt God was telling me. I said we would love to take him. I told my husband. He was surprised because I always call and ask him unless it is an emergency placement. So on Friday our beautiful and wonderful little boy came. Little Man and had no behaviors and has been loving to our dogs. God knew what he was doing by bring this little 18 month old boy into our home that has already be labeled by behaviors. He loves to be held and yes when I put in down he will start to cry and kick in scream however we have noticed that it is only at times when there is something new. To me that is not behavior. That is just this poor little boy telling you that he is scared. Little man is behind is speech so he can not verbalize his feelings like most 18 month old's.

On Saturday I got a phone call when I was on my way to get Ms. J from her friends house that is an hour drive each way. I told them we could love to take them. So once again by God's blessing we have 5 wonderful and beauty kids. Ms. F who is 7 and Little Miss L who is 5 will only be staying for a short while. However, we will take everyday we get with them as they are a huge blessing to our family.
Over the last month we have come to realize that we consistently keep getting 5 kids. Not 4 or 3 we keep ending up with 5 total. We know that this is all in Gods hands. Our home is only approved for 4 kids and 1 baby between 0-6 months due to the number of rooms we have. In Oklahoma they only allow 2 kids in a room and they have to have the high powers approve it and they normal only approve it in rare cases. It only proves to us more that this is all in God's hands.

Well we don't mind having 5 kids and love every minute of it. However, our current home just doesn't give them the room they need as kids. We also need a bigger dinning room table so that we can all sit together at the table as I think it is so important. So all of you prayer worriers we could use some prayer. We currently don't have the funds to purchase a home. However we know that if it is Gods will for us to have this many foster kids on an everyday basis that he will help us provide the space that they need. I would love with all of my heart to be a stay at home foster mom to all of these wonderful children. Many of the children benefit from one of the parents staying home. Right we know that it is all and God's hand and we know that we can trust him to make whatever he has planned for us possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment