Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In one Post

In 2012 we have had many ups and downs, happy and sad times and the passing of a loved one. We are so excited of what 2013 is going to bring. Hope everyone a very happy new year.
A review of the last year......

To start the year off in January
-My Husband found out that they were closing the place were he worked and would need to find a new job in less than 11 weeks
-We took our first train trip. I was a big adventure
-We returned from a trip from South Dakota with our 2 wonderful foster kids
-I got the flue on the way back
-I hurt my back at work and found out if was going to be a long journey
-I received injections number 3 of Lupron
-Our Foster kids moved to a new foster home
-We decided to put our home up for sale
-Started Financial classes

February
-I made a huge leap in faith with God and decided to really give all my burdens to him.
-I received my 4 injection of Lupron
-I reflected back to last year and where we had come on our journey
-I participated in 29 Ways in 29 Days-It hosted by a local radio station doing a good task every day during the month of February
-Hit my 100 post
-We took in a homeless family
-Spent most of my days in physical therapy for my back
-Finished our Financial classes

March
-I received my 5th injection of Lupron
-I reflected back a year at our first placement we got through foster care and our first good-bye
- We celebrated his 1st Birthday
- Still doing physical therapy for my back



April
- We added a new member to our family
-We started co-foster parenting with another foster mom
-Received my last Lupron injection
- Had an MIR on my back
- Had my last session of physical therapy for my back
- Learned that due to my back injury it would not be good to end up pregnant
- We had 5 showing and no offers on our house
- Had payed off $30,000 in debit since our financial class
- I started coupon shopping to help save money



May
- Talked about taking our house off the market since we haven't had any bites
- Got an offer on our house
- Figured out where we were going to move too
- We had our first garage sale to raise money for our adoption
- We got picture of Sam with his Christmas presents
- Went through the emotions of another childless mother's day
- Spent 2 weeks in South Dakota helping my friend with her wedding and hosted her bridal shower

June
- Purchased Plane tickets for family coming to help us with our move
- 40 Days until we moved
- Started packing and prepared for moving
- Mailed off our adoption paperwork for an agency in Oklahoma
- Received a letter from the adoption agency that our paperwork is being processed
- We were officially accepted with the adoption agency
- My friend got married
- Had our second yard sale to raise money for our yard sale







July
- Started researching grants
- We had to leave our last 2 wonderful foster kids in Idaho
- We had to say Goodbye to our precious Jack
- We made a long 3 day trip from Idaho to Oklahoma
- We moved into my grandma's house
- We put in a request to put in an application for Foster Care
- Made progress with our adoption agency
- Had a yard sale for Grandma
- Started on updating Grandma's house



August
- Were looking forward to our adoption class
- Continued to work on Grandma's House
- Our home study paperwork turned in
- Got our finger prints done



September
- Celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary
- We finished the baby room
- We shopped for our baby's first outfit
- Remembered Sept 11th
- Went to a new OB had an ultrasound done and scheduled surgery once again
- Surgery was cancelled to to lab results
- Went to see an Endocrinologist for the first time
- Had Surgery - Found another cyst, my right ovary was stuck to the bask of my uterus caused from the endometriosis. Found out the after spending thousands of dollars on Lupron that it didn't work. Test came back neg. for cancer




October
- Started our home study
- Got excited for our class
- Found out that are adoption agency was not very christian like. We decided to walk away
- Celebrated national infant and pregnancy loss day (spent the day remembering our 3 wonderful babies that in heaven)
- We started Project Noah and started looking for a new adoption agency
- Finished with the majors projects on Grandma's house
- My husbands parents came and spent a week with us

November
- My grandparent's came for a few days
- We got signed up for an adoption class with a new agency
- I started a project called 25 Days of Thanks and Giving (for 25 days I did something to give to people around me)
- Researched adoption breastfeeding
- Got frustrated with the foster care system and it's slowness
-  Spent the First Thanksgiving with my dad since I don't know when





December
- Got excited for Christmas- The first Christmas I have got to spend with my dad in 10 years
- Attended Adoption Class 1 of 2 down in Huston, TX
- Filled out and mailed in paperwork for the adoption agency
- Got accepted for the 2nd class only if my back doctor sent them a note saying my back injury will not affect my ability to parent
- We attend class 1 of 3 for Foster Care
- Our application for a home study for foster care finally got submitted
- Our foster care home study was started, finished and signed all within 2 days
- My back doctor changed my status from a temporary disability to a permanent disability. This is going to change a lot of things for next year. This means I can't go back to my job
- My husbands Grandpa passed away :(
- We went back to South Dakota for his grandpa's funeral (we got to spend Christmas with our family there however it is not the reason we wanted to go back home)

We have so many things to be thankful for over the last year. Although there were parts of this year I wish didn't happen I won't ever change them because with out them I would not be where I'm in my walk with God without them. We have so much to look forward to next year. In a matter of weeks we will hopefully have a home filled with foster kids along with a huge step forward in our process of adoption :)
Thank you to God for everything you have done in our lives.
Hope everyone have a wonderful and blessed year :)








No comments:

Post a Comment