Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blogs

I have been reading a lot of other blog for inspiration and for support. I have learn so much from others and it makes you feel like your not alone. You also learn from others who have or are going through the same thing. One thing I have noticed tho is that not many people talk about the money part of it. I don't know if its because they don't have a problem in that area or if they prefer not to talk about it. It is a huge part of infertility because treatments are not cheap and there are a lot of medical bills that come along with it. Most RE clinics require you to pay up front. Most of them work with you and help you get loans but it still get spendy fast. I know that when we start treatments hopefully come Jan. that money is going to be a factor in the treatments. Its just something that I've really been thinking about and really have no idea about what to do. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes and just keep my fingers crossed that we can start treatments in Jan. again.

Today is also Orphan Sunday so please pray that all the children out there can find wonderful homes.

1 comment:

  1. On the money aspect, we had to finance what insurance would not cover. We are still paying on Kendry's "baby bill" and are moving things around to pay for our next cycle. No, its certainly not what Dave Ramsey would probably advise, but for us it is worth the investment. Not to mention that Justin and I are already both 30, so waiting to pay off all our debt first means delaying our biological clock. We already have enough fertility challenges, we certainly don't need more that come with age, you know? You just have to do what is right for you. But know that you aren't the only one trying to make the numbers work, even if people don't talk about it. And remember that if it exceeds something like 7% of your annual income you can deduct the medical expenses on your taxes. :)

    ReplyDelete