Friday, November 5, 2010

Doctor Visit from Wednesday

We went to the doctor on Wednesday. He said that things were looking good from the outside but they won’t look at the inside until my appointment. He went over what he did during the surgery and we got to see pictures. The left ovary was 10cm around which is the size of a normal uterus. He cut it opened and removed the endometrium. He is hoping that once it heals that it will be a functional ovary. When we went I was in my work clothes and half way through the appointment he looked at me and said you haven’t started working yet have you. (He knows what I do and he know the type of person I am) I wanted to say no, which would have been a lie. I told him yes but I was sitting in a chair for a couple hours a day while the techs bought me pts and set them up. He said that was ok and just be careful not to overdo it. I think he know me to well. After my appointment I went back to work for a meeting and then off to home.
Recovery is not going as fast as I hoped. After I can home for work I sat up for awhile. Which I should have not done since it had already been a long day. When it got close to supper time I started hurting pretty bad. I sent my husband to the store to get me some different meds to see if that would help. It didn’t get any better and just kept getting worse. I was up almost all night long because of the pain. So I decided I better stay home for once and listen to the doctor and my body. I think my body was telling me to lay off and not do so much. I wasn’t able to eat or drink anything last night without getting sick. I was finally able to fall asleep about midnight and actually slept all night. I was still hurting pretty bad this morning and decided I better take it easy again today. So I stayed home again. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to work every day next week since I have no PTO time left.
My next appointment is 3 weeks out, so I will update after that.
I am hoping by my next appointment I will be doing good and able to eat good so he will release me to start my normal stuff back up. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to start exercising again because I miss it and that way I can get back to my losing weight goal so we can start treatments again hopefully by the beginning of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment