Friday, October 29, 2010

Surgery Day

So just a quit update....I'll update more after my follow up on Wednesday. We got there shortly before 11 am on Tuesday Oct 26th. They did all of there prep stuff and were done by 11:20. They said that they would be back in an hour to get me ready. Well 12:20 went by and still haven't heard anything beside the people standing outside my door talking about food...I wanted to jump out of my bed and hit them upside my bed but then I told myself there not  thinking about the fact that I haven't been able to eat in 18 hours and my head hurt because I'm so hungry.
Next thing I know its after 1 and I'm still seating in the first room. Awhile later they came and to me down to the prep room and asked me all the questions. They told me I would fall asleep soon...Next thing I remember was being taken over into the other room and the guy saying he needed to go get other meds because theses aren't working and then he was smothering me with the mask trying to get me to fall asleep. My surgery was suppose to be an hour long but I was in there for 2 1/2 hours before I hit the recovery room. They couldn't get my pain down and the vomiting. They pumped my IVs with everything they could and if she gave me one more they would have to do a reversal.

They took me back to my room to try oral meds but they didn't give them to me for sometime. I wanted to get up and pee so I waited a little bit for them to come and take me. They told me I could only be up for 15 mins. She didn't want to leave me there but I told her I would be ok. They came back and got me...it did not feel like 15 min and she told me I need to get up or im going to get sick...I told her I still had to pee...Next thing I know I'm vomiting. She told me that I couldn't go home now and that they would have to wait to give me the pain meds. I told her I know how the pts feel now when they say they have to pee and they can't go. I've never have had a problem with that afterwards. OPPS I forgot the most important thing. I also was coughing like crazy because they started to pull the breathing tube out and my O2 stats started dropping fast so they put it right back in. In the room I had to be on 3ls of oxygen.

Anyways we got to leave a 830pm to come home with really high levels of  pain.

I only know what my husband remembers the doctor telling him. My husband said that my left ovary was behind my uterus and the tube was twisted. They were able to do it laparoscopic and were able to keep everything. The doctor said I would be in a lot of pain for awhile because the ovary would have to shrink back to the right size. I'll update after my appointment on Wednesday

My recovery has been slow because of the sickness and coughing. My muscles are so tight I can't lay flat or stand up straight. I'm done with the pain meds for now. We'll see how this weekend goes. I'm suppose to go back to work on Monday.

Thanks to everyone from my church small group and some co-workers for all the food and flowers.
Hopefully something else can become my friend soon besides my ice-cream and soda.....

No comments:

Post a Comment