Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vision Update and Post Sugery Update

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I've been having problems with my vision again. On Friday last week I realized that I was losing my peripheral vision again. The first time I lost my vision was in Jan. 3 days after my birthday. At that time they had no reason for my vision lose but it slowly came back and finally in Sept they let me get new glasses to see if it would help with the vision going in and out. It worked for 2 wonderful months. It keeps going in and out and is better at times. Which is why the eye doctor thinks that there is something restricting the blood flow to the eyes and when there is a lack of blood flow my vision fades out. I have had 2 doctors look at my eye and there is nothing physically wrong with my eyes besides having to wear glasses to correct my vision. Which has lead 2 doctors to believe that there is something happening with the brain. It could be the lack of blood flow or the brain is not correctly in taking what the eye is seeing. See the eye sees the images but the brain is the one that interprets the images so if the eye is seeing everything ok then there is something wrong in the brain. I was such a strong hearted person when I let the eye doctor not crying considering all of what they told me and I though I could do it. I had to go back to work and see some more pts. When I walked in the door an asked one of the tech to get me somebody one of the PTs asked me if I was ok because I didn't realize until then that I was so scared inside that I was noticeable shaking really bad. I told her no but that I would be ok. I started to tear up but I walked back over to my room and held my tears back and told myself that I was going to be ok. Then about 15 minutes later another person asked it I was ok..I said I'm going to be fine. Then I had to head to tell my boss that I wouldn't be able to cover both building because I was going to be out Friday morning because I was going to be having a CAT scan. Then she asked why and all of a sudden I couldn't hold it in any longer the tears came pouring out. I then walked out of her office and finished my day trying so hard to hold it all in but it was so hard because my vision was getting worse and I could hardly see the floor to see where I was walking. Don't ask how I made it from the eye doctor to work because I have do clue but I made it safe.

I had to have Jacob come and get me from work when I was done for the day because I couldn't see anything at all. My vision has been off and on since. I had my CAT scan on Friday and have not heard anything back yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if there was a mass or tumor that they are cancer free.

On Wednesday I had my 4 week post surgery appointment. However besides my vision problems I have also been having issue with bleeding for the last 2 weeks. So at my appointment he said that everything post surgery wise was looking good and that he didn't think that he needed me to do an ultrasound every couple of months to check on cyst. He told me I know what the pain is and that if it comes back just to let them know and they will check it out. But if we cont with fertility treatments we will be having a lot of them anyways. As for the bleeding issue he said no more BCP because they have failed to work over the last couple of years. We are heading back to hormone therapy so hopefully it will start working soon to get this to stop. We did laps just to make sure my iron is staying up and were doing ok so far but we are getting to the pushing the limits. So hormone therapy here we go......

I'm going to be doing my RE labs soon....So I'll let you know if they come back good because then we will be ok to start treatments again. However me and Jacob have so classes were going to in Jan. all month long so we won't be able to start treatment until Feb but at least we will know how close were getting to be able to at least start.

3 comments:

  1. Holly, thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog!! It meant so much to me! I have enjoyed reading a little bit about your journey and am saying a prayer for you right now, especially for your vision and upcoming RE labs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly getting more than your fair share of physical ailments lately, aren't you? Just remember to crank up your Positive Life Radio whenever you feel discouraged - and know that we're still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am...It's been a hard 3 years...but next year is going to be a good year...I know it..it has to be.

    Thank you both so much for thinking and praying for me it means so much..Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete