Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm so confused

I have been pray very hard over the last couple of weeks about 2 very important thing to me and I'm so lost. I feel like God is telling me to go both ways and then the next day I feel like he is telling me to go another way. I just wish he could paint a clear picture but I know I just need to listen harder. I would like to ask people to pray that he shows us which way to go.

So I'm going to start something new.......I decided I needed to find something to give me hope......So here we go

There are many stories of women in the Bible who struggle with infertility and the pain of not having children. The Bible not only shares the stories of these "barren women" but also offers hope and comfort during these times. God indeed is the creator of life and the God of comfort and peace. But more important than finding out about the stories of these women is the possibility of finding our own hope in this journey.  I hope this can be encouraging in whatever stage of your journey you are at since we are not all at the same part of our journeys.

The Wife of Abraham
Summary: Sarah is married to Abraham. Athough married for many year she is unable to conceive. Ironically she is married to Abraham who has been promised descendants that will number like the stars in the sky and the sand on a beach. A great promise and yet for Abraham and Sarah, the fulfilment seems beyond all reach. It is at this point that the Lord comes to Abraham once more.

"Then the LORD said, I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son. Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. (11)Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. (12) So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure? (13) Then the LORD said to Abraham, Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' (14) Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son. And the result??? Not long after this Sarah and Abraham's son Isaac is born, one of the great patriarchs of the Jewish people.

"For nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37)

So what does the story of Sarah teach us?
God is faithful to his promises. What he promised to Abraham and Sarah he was faithful in fulfilling. God does not make this exact same promise to each of us but we do learn something else from Sarah's story: God is the giver of life and he can bring about miracles. We do not know what God may be doing in our lives - even when it seems like he is not doing anything at all. God can surprise us!

No comments:

Post a Comment