Thursday, January 19, 2012

Prayer Makes a Difference

God has amazing plans for us all in our lives. We just have to remember that God will make things happen at the right time. Over the past week I have really felt Gods work in my life. My Husband and I have officially decided to put our home up for sale and move back to the Midwest. Its a hard decision and we will definitely miss everyone here that provides us with the support we need to get thought the days. It is actually one of my biggest worries. I'm worried we won't find such a supporting church that we absolutely love. If it wasn't for our current church I would not be where I am at today as when we moved here three years ago my relationship with God was very minimal and now I try to live my life through him. I know that if this is his plan for us things will work out and I will find another place that will allow me to continue to grow just as much. So here life goes with all control in placed in Gods hands. The fate of what happens in the next several months all lies in God hands and up to him if we can sell our home or not.

I have made it my promise to him that I will devote more time with him every day and I have picked back up my one minute devotions book. My husband and I have also started FPU classes.
Here's today devotional which could have not been more fitting.


Prayer Makes a Difference
While Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.
Acts 12:5

Overwhelmed. Gloomy. We would have felt that way, too, if we had been Peter's friends.
After all, Jesus had been crucified at Passover the previous year, and James had just been killed by the sword. Peter seemed to be destined for the same end.

But Peter's friends were praying earnestly, and God sent an angel to lead him out of the prison-straight to a home where his friends were praying!

Are you aware of anyone who is praying for you today? Ask a family member or a friend to talk to God about your concerns. And if you're aware of someone who's in need of prayer, offer some passionate prayer to God on their behalf. Then, wait because earnest prayer makes a difference.

Father,
Thank You that we can pray for one another. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the move. Totally believe in prayer and that one door might close but He will direct our paths!

    ReplyDelete