Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Glucose Tolerance Test

So this morning I had my glucose tolerance test and it didn’t go so well. To start the first draw off they have to poke me 4 times to get the blood. Then I had to drink that nasty juice. At the next blood draw 30 minutes they had to poke me 4 times again to get the blood. They were getting the veins but they just weren’t working. When I was waiting for the 3rd blood draw there was a little girl in the lobby that said “mommy why does that lady have so many pretties.” For the next two tests they started taking me back 10 minutes early so they could get the labs on time. Needless to say by the end I have needle pokes everywhere. When I got to work I wasn’t feeling very well so I took my blood sugar and it was down to 53 which I knew wasn’t a good sign of me passing the test. The good news is at least they know what’s going on. The nurse called later this afternoon and left me a message saying they got my labs back and I need to make an appointment and to tell them that the nurse said I need it ASAP. I have an appointment on Thursday so I’ll let you know what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment