Friday, September 3, 2010

Nutrition Follow-Up

Labs

Glucose 118 (goal <100) Insulin 21 (<10)
Chol 193 normal
Triglycerides 173 (<150)
HDL 32 (>40)
Vit D 38- good

Goals and Recommendations from Judy

1. Recommend omega 3 supplement you may need 1-2 capsules to get a total of 1000 mg EPA/DHA. Nordic Natural Ultimate is a good brand. Costco is also good.

2. Meals: try to keep within 45 gm carbohydrate, 15-30 for snacks. Limit simple sweets; try to have whole grain products when available. Enjoy whole fruit rather than juice.

3. Exercise- 30 or more minutes daily, try to have 2 resistance training days- light weights or core work. DVDs are great to use at home or Wii fit!

4. Get adequate sleep and find time for relaxation!

5. Measure your waist monthly and record your progress.

My next appointment is Sept 28th so we’ll see how things go until then. I'm down 1lb from where I started but there are lots of changes happening. I'm trying to keep up with everything but I'm learning every day. I never knew that 1 cup of grapes had 34 crabs. I learn something new every day thanks to Nutrihand Wellness website. It’s so wonderful you can put your recipe in and it will tell you all the info you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment