Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update from the past couple of weeks

Sorry I haven’t been updating lately but things have been crazy. So here's an update from the last couple of weeks. I’m down 13 pounds now and 4.5in but its not easy. I have been doing pretty good with getting the 60 minutes of exercise everyday until the past week and a half.  The food thing is getting easier but I still struggle with it. My pain has increasing getting worse and today it went from little pain to a lot of pain. The pain is to the point that every step I take hurts but I’m still working through it. I don’t know that I’ll be able to make it tomorrow if it gets worse.  I’ve been email the nurse from SRM about the pain level and if they still wanted to do surgery or anything else. I have a phone appointment with her on the 6th to talk about options. 

I had a phone appointment with the nutritionist yesterday day and more information…So here’s some help out there for people dealing with the same thing……

Since I have pain that affects my exercise she gave me some ideas…(me being an occupational therapy assistant I should know how to adapt exercises but its so much easier when its not you.)
To try water exercise and to not to exercises that make the pain worse.
Do exercises on the coach use theraband or weight and just do arm exercises.

She also told me that PCOS is one of the hardiest disease to lose weight with…She said you should be proud of every pound you lose.

She told me again that I'm still not eating enough. She told me that on my bad days that I need to eat a min of 1200 cal and on more active days eat 1500 cal. There are days when I'm close to 1200 and then there days that I am down to 800 cal. I’m also not eating enough carbs. I need to stick to the 15-30 for a snack and 30-45 for a meal.

I have to admit I am a huge potato, ice cream and pizza person, there just my weakness. She told me to try to eat less potatoes and maybe eat some sweetpotato’s instead. I have been eating the new quakier bars but she wants me to eat more protein bars. I also need to increase my fruit and veggie intake….I did learn this…a ½ banana is a serving. She also wants me to
expand carbohydrate choices- Barilla plus pasta, quinoa, brown rice, whole what couscous etc and to try Healthy bars- Pure, Kind or Luna bars (that have protein). Of course her pizza recommendation…..She said the papa murphy's delights are wonderful but I told her my husband doesn’t eat them so I end up having 4 days of left overs.  She said to cut the pizza before you cook it and then freeze the rest so I’m going to have to try that out because I love the chicken and spinach delight from papa murphy's.

I also asked her for ideas on those days that you just don’t feel full. She told me this story about a very obese lady she worked with who did health at all. She got her to eat an apple before each meal…I was kinda confused because they have lots of carbs but it then made since. You can’t eat an apple fast and since it takes so long for the body to acknowledge that you are eating by the time your done eating your apple you body realizes that you are starting to get full. After the apple more to the veg of the meal and the protein and last the other carbs. By the time you get to the other carbs ur full…It totally works. She also informed me that if you don’t eat enough carbs that you will crave more carbs.

She also gave me another website to get ideas from…Last fact for today…..I can eat over the carb limit every once in a while and here's the tip….if a recipe says it has 54 carbs in a serving and has 14 grams of fiber you can do simple math…for every gram of fiber after the first 5 grams you can minus from the carb count….So I can still eat some of the food I want…YAYAYAY!!!!!!


that’s a couple of recipes but if you go back to the main site you can find more.

I'll try to update sooner...Until next time

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried quinoa yet? We did a few months back. It was interesting. :) Next time we're going to make it into more of a sweet dish. I think that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't...it doesn't even sound good...but then again nothing but ice cream sounds good.

    ReplyDelete